The verdict is in.The California Board of Pilot Commissioners has suspended and sentenced the pilot of the ship that struck the Bay Bridge in January to several dozen “observation trips” with his colleagues. If I ever cause $3 million in damage to a public structure, I am more than willing to go on as many observation trips as needed to make up for it.
- Bar pilot suspended for bridge crash (Chronicle) 07/02/13
- License suspended, training mandated for pilot who struck Bay Bridge in January (Examiner) 07/02/13
- Ship's pilot blamed for bridge crash (Chronicle) 04/09/13
- Ship pilot Guy Kleess who struck Bay Bridge could lose his license (Examiner) 04/05/13
- Pilot error blamed on ship-bridge crash (Chronicle) 04/05/13
- Disciplinary decision expected for ship pilot in Bay Bridge collision (Examiner) 04/04/13
- Bar pilot panel slow to act on complaint (Chronicle) 01/28/13