Immigration Hold Policy
Through a late compromise, legislation has been passed that limits how and when immigrants can be taken into custody in San Francisco. Plus, we learn that Supervisor John Avalos and Supervisor David Campos prefer the ageless high five maneuver over the fist bump.
- S.F. supervisors reach deal on crime, deportation (Chronicle) 09/25/13
- Compromise legislation on San Francisco immigrant holds passes (Examiner) 09/25/13
- Immigration detainer limits watered down (SF Bay Guardian) 09/25/13
- S.F., state near protections for some immigrants (Chronicle) 09/21/13
- San Francisco immigration hold legislation tweaked after support wanes (Examiner) 09/18/13